5/12 Craig's Practice Social Distancing and Stay at Home FC

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

5/12 Craig's Practice Social Distancing and Stay at Home FC

Postby Craig Goudie » Tue May 12, 2020 2:10 am

Greetings, 1st the disclaimer. Everybody should just stay away from other people and the safest way to do that
is by just staying at home and doing zero non-essential travel just like the Governor says, maybe even in spite
of what the Governor says since the infection rate in Utah hasn't flattened out and is still on a very linear up slope.
Furthermore I don't know the status of launch sites, if you feel your sailing is essential due to mental health
issues, you may still get denied entry to your launch site so figure that in and do some research. If you choose
to risk your health and the health of others, get some fortitude and own your decision. As I say in my
general disclaimer, these forecasts are for entertainment purposes only.

Wind Tuesday will be surprisingly strong from the get go at DC. Figure on 6/12M SW conditions from 11 AM until
about 5PM and best around Noon, devolving to pretty gusty by 5 PM. Yuba should be 6/12M (maybe stronger in the AM)
conditions from dawn until dusk. UL with gusty SW 7/14M conditions from 1 until 5(Kiters be careful). Willard and
the northern lakes will have light NW winds that don't favor wind sports by early morning. If Rush had water it'd
be good NW wind there. Also. consider the fact that the water hasn't warmed up much yet anywhere.

Weds, Light but planable North wind in the 8/16M range should grace UL from Noon until 5, but figure
on low 60s air temps (10 degrees cooler than Tuesday) and a cloudy chance for some drizzle.

Thursday weather looks unsettled and not good for consistent wind anywhere.

-Craig
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride