New to sport

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

New to sport

Postby Adam Anderson » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:12 pm

Hello all I am Adam anderson from sandy, ut. Received a kite for Christmas and have been dying to use it.
I am very limited on time but would love to know of a good spot that's close to home that I can test the waters (snow)

Any fields close to sandy for a beginner? How do I know when there will be wind??????

Thanks for any help
Adam Anderson

Re: New to sport

Postby Kenny » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:10 pm

Adam,

Welcome! Your best bet is to take a lesson. Snowkiting is relatively safe if you observe all ofthe safety precautions, but it has the potential to kill or seriously maim you if you don't. Post on the main forum, there are several good instructors locally. There are some good spots for learning, but all require a drive unless we have ample snow coverage in the SLC Valley.

Thanks,

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Postby Adam Anderson » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:50 pm

Kenny,

Thanks for your help. Im a little surprised you were the only one that responded I was told that Kite boarders stick together and help each other out, so thanks again for your help.

Adam
Adam Anderson

Postby Adam Anderson » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 am

Dan,

Thank you so much for your help at skyline. I know you took some time away from your snowkiting to help someone new.

Great advice. Lets car pool next time & I owe you lunch.

Email, text or call me 801-712-1456 (adam@eurostonetile.com)

Thanks again.

Adam
Adam Anderson

Postby CalGaddis » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:54 am

Hi Adam,
I moved down from Montana in October and I'm also looking for people to ride/carpool with. I haven't really gotten out much this year due to a lot of high pressure systems and the size of my kites. But I'd be willing to go to skyline when the wind picks up. I live in downtown SLC. Call or text me (435) 770-7125
CalGaddis

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum