Greetings - New Kiter to Utah

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Greetings - New Kiter to Utah

Postby gregwojtkun » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:10 am

Hello UWA community... Lived in Utah for about 10 years and learned kiting in Puerto Rico this past Dec & Feb. (multiple lessons and 40+ hours of self training/upwind riding, self rescue, self launch / relaunch, etc). Currently riding a Cabrinha Switchblade 11m and Core XR3 17m (Thanks Steve M!) and will probably add an 8m as I get more comfy at higher winds. For boards, Im using 135, 139, and 148 (LW) Twin Tips. Direction Board is on my list to learn this summer. I had my first kite session in Utah at Rush Lake this past weekend. Gusty winds are a different beast than what I learned on in the Caribbean, but good to get a feel for and adjust to. But super fun and super stoked to be joining many of you this summer. Nice meeting some of the guys this past Saturday and thanks for providing me some local knowledge. See ya'll out there!

- Greg
Last edited by gregwojtkun on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
gregwojtkun

Re: Greetings

Postby Marty Lowe » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:29 am

Looking good,
Staying up wind the whole time!
The 11M had to be a handful
Marty Lowe

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum