Bear Lake- Is it good for windsurfing?

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Bear Lake- Is it good for windsurfing?

Postby JCastelli » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:36 pm

I just got back from a great weekend camping at Bear Lake. I was at S. Eden campground on the East side of the lake. I got one good session in on Friday - 8.5M sail, 151L board, but it was very up and down and off shore. While the wind was not great, the lake was gorgeous.

Can anyone share what the prevailing winds are? What months are good, and where are the best launches for each wind direction?

Thanks!
JCastelli

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum