Opinion about Wind Stand-Up Paddleboard

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Opinion about Wind Stand-Up Paddleboard

Postby EdinardoPotrich » Wed May 23, 2012 9:45 am

I want to know if somebody tried (or have a opinion about) a Wind Stand-Up Paddleboard like http://www.bicsup.com/products/ace-tec-sup,3,101/10-6-ace-tec-sup-wind,990.html. I am asking that because I have a lake near to my house that allows SUP but not windsurf (so, this board kind of fit in for both desires). I also just started in to windsurf, so I think that a big board is useful. Thanks.
EdinardoPotrich

Re: Opinion about Wind Stand-Up Paddleboard

Postby jason morton » Wed May 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Edinardo-
I have not done windSUP but I know people who do. They say it is fun and easy for a wide range of conditions. The Bic board looks great for that. I hope to do some in the future for kicks and giggles. I have done alot of windsurfing in my day but have not sailed in 10 years due to kiteboarding. I do a fair amount of SUP as well. I hope you enjoy it. What lake are you on?
jason morton

Postby EdinardoPotrich » Wed May 23, 2012 12:32 pm

The small Oquirrh Lake in South Jordan. This year they will start to allow SUP for Daybreak residents.
EdinardoPotrich

Postby jason morton » Thu May 24, 2012 9:42 am

I thought they always allowed SUP on the Daybreak Oquirrh Lake for residents? I used to paddle there after work until I got kicked off for not being a resident. That was kind of a bummer as I enjoyed paddling there after work. You need a pretend roommate? I would love to be able to paddle there again.
jason morton

Postby Josh Shirley » Sat May 26, 2012 11:12 am

The AST Silver construction Starboard SUP boards have a mast plug/thread (for a windsurf rig.)

The Drive 10'5 x 30 is a good board.
I could sell you one for $1200 plus shipping if ya like.

Josh
801 906-8396
Whatever thou art, do well thy part.
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum