8/22 Grants 5.2m 85L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

8/22 Grants 5.2m 85L

Postby John Freed » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:50 pm

Wild morning at Grants! Approaching the reservoir, I started to have doubts that I had brought my small sails, as the Grantsville city trees were blowing pretty good. When I arrived, Ken had the same problem, 5.2 was the smallest both of us brought. But 5.2 was a pretty good call. Wild and gusty wind made for jibe after jibe after jibe after jibe... I haven't jibed that much since... last fall! Mike rigged a 4.4? Greg foiled on a couple really small sails... (3 something?). And Greg received the most courageous sailor award, as he registered several fabulous fly swatter crashes. Wind quality decreased about 9:45-10:00. Tried to suck another couple of runs on the 112 L boards but not much luck. All in all a wild, wild morning!
John Freed

Return to Wind Log