8/6/19, Grants 7.0/6.0/112L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

8/6/19, Grants 7.0/6.0/112L

Postby kenonstott » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:53 pm

High pressure SE from us so figured great setup for Grants. 6.0 when I got there and 7.0 when I got to the shore. Even 7.0 was barely planning for the first 15 then suddenly the lake was covered with whitecaps. Even the 6.0 was overpowered for 2 round trips and then it went dead so fast I could only lay in the water wondering when to start swimming. The 86L would have tamed the high winds but then I would have have been in the water even more. It continued the up and down cycle every few minutes for another half hour and I was about ready to bag it. But it slowly straightened out. I ended up switching back to 7.0 for fully filled in rides 9-9:30, then for another half hour in great windlines but less filled in. By 10:00 it was dropping fast and I was grinning and dead tired. 3 days of rest since I had an epic day at Rowena and Grants shows me it still has the right stuff. Water level is still quite good for August.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log