G-ville Sat. 8/10, 6.5 sail, 115l board

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

G-ville Sat. 8/10, 6.5 sail, 115l board

Postby DimitriMilovich » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:34 am

Sailed from 9:00 till 11:00. Mike E. out first on 6.2 (?) for increasing rides as it picked up from 8:30-9:00. Ken getting lots of rides on 7.0 and his SB. Mike M out on 7.5. Newcomer Luke looking good on his Mistral after only 4 days windsurfing! How did he learn, I asked? "YouTube video". Wow, wish I had been that coordinated back in the day. Did head plants in Decker Lake for a week before I started getting rides across that little mud pond.

Help this guy out, folks, he's the future!

I rigged 6.5 and was planing only about 25%, but it picked up more southerly (for a while) around 10:00 and things got a bit wilder and much more powered. Ken didn't miss a beat, stayed out for a while longer then dropped to his 115 board. Bob, who moved here not long ago from Hawaii, headed out on his 6.0 and 98l as we drove off. The wind seemed to go more westerly as we left, but I think he got some rides. Fun to be out. Water level very good for this time of year.
Dimitri
DimitriMilovich

Return to Wind Log