4/27/20, UL Saratoga, 6.0/112L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

4/27/20, UL Saratoga, 6.0/112L

Postby kenonstott » Sat May 02, 2020 11:07 am

The wind was reading around 20 on the dike so rigged 6.0 and headed out on 112. By that time the wind line had moved a fair way out so I schlogged out to it and had 2 well powered round trips. On the 2nd inside turn the wind died pretty far out so I went down to clear a reed. Then I couldn’t water start and couldn’t seem to get balanced on the board well enough to uphaul. John sclogged out on his 6.5 and gave it to me to and I was able to water start the bigger sail and get a third of the way back before hitting a spot with no wind. After a while John managed to uphaul and very slowly get back to shore. He is at fighting weight, 20 lbs lighter than me. Penny must have fed me too well during the winter and I fell in love with her fudge. Going to have to get rid of some pudge. Managed to swim all the way in (seemed like about an hour). Pretty tired but no worse for wear. A little surprised the 71 year old body still had it. You have to be able to shrug off difficulty if you want to be a windsurfer.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log