5/6 Grants 5.8m 85L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

5/6 Grants 5.8m 85L

Postby John Freed » Wed May 06, 2020 7:15 pm

Great morning at Grants, surprisingly as Grants usually has fickle wind the day the front comes through. Ken and I got there fairly early 7:30ish, as we figured the front would be coming through sometime around 11. Ken rigged a 5.2 and his 85L and seemed to be getting some ripping rides, but a fair amount of slogging. Therefore, thanks to my wind dummy, I rigged a 5.8 and had a blast! Ken re-rigged to a 6.0 and instantly started smiling, Josh showed up with a 5.6 and seemed pretty much in mid-season form, even though it was only his first day out! And just as predicted around 10:30 it started west, then north by 11. BUT... with no April rain, the water level has gone DOWN a bunch... we need some rain to fill 'er up again!!!!
John Freed

Return to Wind Log