9/19 Sand Hollow/Ezzy Cheetah 7.0/Jeff Bailey 130/Starboard

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

9/19 Sand Hollow/Ezzy Cheetah 7.0/Jeff Bailey 130/Starboard

Postby Patrick McEwen » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:54 pm

5 minutes drive, and a 10 minute rig on the red rock beach below the dive shop at 3. They were calling for 16 and it was, so I took out the whale for an hour on a nice tour of the chop and cutting off the wakeboard boats. The winds kicked up to 20 with gusts to 23, so moved over to the 35 year old Bailey for another hour for some more nice touring, and most of the boats cleared off. Sure wish the damn peeps from Cali and Las Vagrants would lock in to their own shit hole cities and stop cluttering the beaches here..... makes me nervous!!
Waves in the key of E
Patrick McEwen

Re: 9/19 Sand Hollow/Ezzy Cheetah 7.0/Jeff Bailey 130/Starbo

Postby Bob Clark » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:24 pm

Met Jeff Bailey sailing in the gorge this past August. Got talking to him as he was paddling a surfboard in the river to stay in shape for surfing, a practice I too engage in. I asked him who shaped his board and he replied some guy up in Lyle. Later, he acknowledged he was that guy :)))
Bob Clark

Re: 9/19 Sand Hollow/Ezzy Cheetah 7.0/Jeff Bailey 130/Starbo

Postby Patrick McEwen » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:52 pm

Hey Bob,
Jeff is a great guy and board maker.... the other guy that I know well that worked with him shaping and finishing was Rory Hammer.... both incredible craftsmen!!

Pat McEwen
Waves in the key of E
Patrick McEwen

Return to Wind Log