5-20-21, Jordanelle, 7.0/6.5/112L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

5-20-21, Jordanelle, 7.0/6.5/112L

Postby kenonstott » Sat May 22, 2021 3:54 pm

Grants readings were poor so John and I decided to go to Sulfur, then switched to closer to home. Too much schlog and not enough rip for us. I guess we are used to smoother morning winds. Did catch quite a number of rides, some well over-powered. But we spent way more time bobbing along trying to stay afloat and at times it was just easier to go down and wait. After an hour we decided to schlog/swim to shore for a break. Went out for another try later but bagged it after another half hour of mostly schlogging. Not a total loss, a gorgeous venue and close to home.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Re: 5-20-21, Jordanelle, 7.0/6.5/112L

Postby vernv » Sat May 22, 2021 7:45 pm

Ken,

You should have driven the extra 10 miles to DC. I looked at Jordanelle as I went by and it seemed windy enough, but DC was completely white capping when I arrived. I wish Jordanelle was windier as it is very close to home for me, but DC seems more consistent on a SW. According to Josh the N works at Ross Creek. Hopefully I'll get a chance to check that out this season.

I'm thinking of heading back to Lake Isabella next week. It is a 10hr drive, but has consistent wind, flat water starboard gybes, great people and free camping.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.p ... KmxfY2SmUk
vernv

Return to Wind Log