06/7&8, DCIB, 5.0M/130L foil board

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

06/7&8, DCIB, 5.0M/130L foil board

Postby JimSouthwick » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:59 pm

Pretty gusty both days. Early start today (Tuesday) with strong gusts (up to 45 mph) coming through by 10. The wind backed off considerably after that, to the extent that I was able to get some good foiling rides (no foiling jibes yet, alas). Then the wind picked back up, and I had to rig down to 4.0. George & Stone were flying on their 7.5, as was Judy on her 5.7. Next to arrive was Steve Nyhus, who went out on (I think) a 7.0. Last to arrive (at least before I left) was Bill Riley (aka Riles) returning to windsurfing at IB after a long absence.

Water temp is now about 68ºF. Water level continues to drop, with the water's edge currently about 40-50 yards from the foot of the pedestrian ramp (the one by the restrooms).
JimSouthwick

Return to Wind Log