6/8/21, Grants 2nd shift, 6.0/112L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

6/8/21, Grants 2nd shift, 6.0/112L

Postby kenonstott » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:33 pm

Manny seemed to have gotten the only good rides of the day. After he left we were still only getting occasional rides. Finally, Mike packed up and left and John and Josh got out of their wetsuits. But I was still refusing to give up. At 10:00 it came whipping back in and I started getting some really wild rides in very gusty winds that were shifting direction frequently. A regular rodeo but I was having a blast. 1st real tryout of my new Ezzy Cheetah 6.0 and it is sweet. Sailed until I had nothing left at 11:30. John reluctantly put his wetsuit back on but didn’t regret it. From the wind meter it just kept blowing. Great 2nd half of the morning. Made it ok with a 3/2 wetsuit. Lake level doing a lot better than Jordanelle or Yuba.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log