6/10/21, UL Saratoga, 4.7/86L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

6/10/21, UL Saratoga, 4.7/86L

Postby kenonstott » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:00 pm

Got to the lake at 2:00 just as John and Penny each texted me warning that 50mph gusts were being reported on the radio stations. I went out on the dike and got a steady 21-22 for a couple of minutes then it went to 30 then 35 then 38mph for about 30 seconds. I just about left right then. But the local wind meters were saying it was pretty much low twenties so I rigged the 4.7 and the smallest board I had with me and hit the water with some anxiety. Not to worry. It was absolutely perfect 4.7 winds for the small board and I had a blast. Sailed 2:30-4:30 and pulled off the water right after Josh had launched the 2nd shift. Sailing the sea of mud; the only downers besides having mud in everything were the 2 fish that gave their lives to see me cartwheel off my board. Hope they died a slow death. 4th day in a row of sailing and I am dead tired. At least the refurbished knee did better than expected.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log