6/30/21, Grants, 6.0/5.6/112L/103L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

6/30/21, Grants, 6.0/5.6/112L/103L

Postby kenonstott » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:15 pm

Asleep at the wheel Monday and missed what looked like a decent if short sesh. Woke up at 5:00 Tuesday to make up for it and nata. But it paid off this morning as it was blowing 22g25 when I woke up at 5:30. Got out of the house in record time, got to the lake in record time, wind was up to 24G28, rigged in record time and was off to the races. The wind was very strong for the 6.0, especially on the east half of the lake. Josh got there shortly after I arrived. We figured we had better get it in a hurry as it has been dying early but it ended up blowing hard until 9:00 when Josh had to leave. Josh used his new 103L and I think a 5.6, not sure. It continued with strong windlines until 10:00 but they were a little more spaced out. I quit then rather than rig the 7.0, I was totally fatigued. 67 degrees when I got there, 77 when I left, a perfect morning. Would have gone with the 86L but the west ¼ of the lake refused to fill in so I needed the extra planning ability of the 112L. The lake is getting too low for the wind to attach on the west side. Still, the level only went down 10’ for June which is way better than we expected. Great last day of June. Anyone know where all the crows are, used to see at least 30 along I-80 and none this year. Plenty of gulls are around though, too stuffed with grasshoppers to fly.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log