4/27 UL Pelican Point 6.5m 145L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

4/27 UL Pelican Point 6.5m 145L

Postby John Freed » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:29 am

Got the courage up to tackle the Utah County traffic. BEWARE the traffic from I-15 to the west side of Utah Lake is HORRIBLE! I used to think that I-15 in Utah County was bad...
On to windsurfing... Ken and I decided to give Pelican Point a try, given a fairly good forecast... Not so much... When we arrive at 3:00, we were thinking 5.8, then luckily came to our senses, and rigged 6.5/7.0, and that wasn't enough for the most part. Very inconsistent, some ok planners but a lot of slogging. We launched at the regular spot, as the wind was coming over the new dike to the north, and it seemed to be enough to get us outside the swimming area. (See google earth if you are interested). Worked ok going out... had to swim a little coming back in due to the wind shadow, but it will work ok it seems... if you can avoid the fisherman at the point, both Ken and I got "caught".
John Freed

Return to Wind Log