Lake Mojave

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Lake Mojave

Postby DaneHeld » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:35 pm

I will he heading to Phoenix next month to see my mom and was thinking to stop at Lake Mojave, on the way and doing some windsurfing, but I have never been there,, do any of you have any advice on camp and sail spots.
Thanks
DaneHeld

Re: Lake Mojave

Postby Craig Goudie » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:20 am

Hey Dane,

It's been a long time since I was down there, but depends on which way the wind is blowing. If there's high pressure building up in SLC (like after a storm front goes through), there will be North wind at Kathrine's Landing on the
South end of the lake (down by Laughlin/Bullhead). If a front is approaching the area then South winds will ensue, and you should be somewhere nearer the North end of the lake (like 6Mile cove near Searchlight). 6 Mile had a pretty treacherous road
in back when I was going down there, but that was 25 years ago.

Bucky is down there a lot this time of year, if you have access to him in some way, maybe shoot him an ask.

-Craig

DaneHeld wrote:I will he heading to Phoenix next month to see my mom and was thinking to stop at Lake Mojave, on the way and doing some windsurfing, but I have never been there,, do any of you have any advice on camp and sail spots.
Thanks
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Return to Main Message Board