what size kite

A place to ask your questions or give up your secret tips about the Columbia River Gorge

what size kite

Postby hedquista » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:36 am

I am moving up to the gorge from utah and am wondering what size kite is needed for most of the spots. i am an experinced kiter and already have a 12 m waroo and am looking at another if i need another. i am 140lb and small compared to most. any help would be great and also some good spots to launch.[/code]
hedquista

Gorge Kite Size

Postby Jon Manwaring » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:24 pm

LUCKY YOU !!!
Post this same message at http://www.nwkite.com/forums and they will let you know. I don't speak Waroo, but a 12 will be a BIG kite for you in the Gorge. I'm 190 and up there I ride a 13 Instinct Sport as my big kite most of the time. On rare occasion I'll ride a 7M., but lots of days on the 9M (sweet at 30-35 mph) and also the 11 when it's in the mid 20's. You'll probably want a 5M as the small one and go from there Maybe 5,9 12. Whatdathink Jake?. Have a great Gorge season. Just starting to get going up there
JonMzee
Jon Manwaring

Postby Jacob Buzianis » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:27 pm

7m and 9m waroo will do it for your weight. 12m Waroo will be good for East wind days at the gorge. You should check out the Bularoo kite that Cloud 9 has in stock. They are my very kites. If you want to try them out, I will be at Lincoln Beach this afternoon.
Jacob Buzianis

Return to Gorge Q&A