Windsurfers for Sale

List windsurfing gear you have to buy and sell. Ads are automatically removed after 6 months.

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Sell or give away whatever you consider pertinent to windsurfing.
-Please delete what you've sold, or update your post after 3 months. (unless the post is as interesting as Jason Morton's Liquidation sale!)

Windsurfers for Sale

Postby Dave Joslyn » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:09 pm

See attached photo. Must sell. Almost any offer will do.

Call Dave:
801 582-0294
801 599-4463

Sugarhouse area.
Attachments
Windsurfers.jpg
Windsurfers for Sale
Dave Joslyn

Re: Windsurfers for Sale

Postby Mark Fong » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:22 pm

still got those?
Mark Fong

Postby Jess Safsten » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:38 am

Hi, I'm totally new to this and I have an old windsurfer that looks similar to the longest board you have (on the right). My sail fits with that one, but would it fit with the others? And how much are you thinking of selling one of the boards on the left? Thanks!
Jess Safsten

Postby Leo Chan » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:53 pm

Mark and Jess, these are really old boards that are not fit for beginners of today. The longest on on the right is probably good for stand up paddling. But that's about all you should use with boards of this age. If you want to increase your stoke and time on the board (rather than on the water), get a wider and higher volume board.
Leo Chan

Postby Carl Christensen » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:56 pm

Jess,

Get a Starboard Start or Go. Absolutely the best place to start. These are the boards of choice for getting going and can be had for $300-500 or so. The board is the most important part of the formula when first starting, by far more important than anything else. Get something 100cm wide. No doubt. Josh uses these in his school I believe and you can sell the thing when you are done to get your money back. I will be doing that with Kaerli's board soon. She's now waterstarting and ready to move up. Under almost no circumstance is it advantageous to skip this step and go to a more aggressive board as you will almost certainly severely stunt your learning. This is no joke, it's a total no brainer, almost cheating, not like when I learned. Good luck.
Carl C.
Carl Christensen

Postby Carl Christensen » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:59 pm

ps. no harsh meant to the poster here. i've owned some of the boards he has pictured and they may have a place still for sure. most of us have ridden similar boards at one time or another.
Carl C.
Carl Christensen

Postby John Dubock » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:07 pm

Carl and Leo have a valid point. You wouldn't rent 30 year old skis...nor a mountain bike that old. Windsurfing gear is cheap today, compared to "in the day". And the stoke factor is years ahead. We all want to sell our older gear, but sailing in Utah is tough enough without having a big edge in going wide. When Jim Southwick can get 12-60 miles a day on a wide, new, light, tuneable board, you're sailing. Save money overall as a newbie by visiting this forum, bonding with sailors on the beach. We all have 'stuff' in our garage to get you going. Going cheap translates to not being safe in the water, spending hours rigging junk and eventually buying great stuff.

No harm in posting older gear here, it all works. I sailed with a guy at Lake Mojave who still had his 22yr old chest harness. Judy at Charleston smokes us all on older gear.
John Dubock

Return to Windsurf Buy/Sell