Grantsville Pictures From 7-21-10

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Grantsville Pictures From 7-21-10

Postby duanekarren » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Sailors - Grant, Dimitrije, John, Josh, Mike, Carl, Jim

To see pictures go to: http://www.mypicturetown.com (cut and past this to your browser if necessary)

After opening my picturetown.com login by entering email - dckarren@yahoo.com & password - grantsville, then click login. Pictures should come up as thumbnails - If they don't click all pictures on left side. Also pictures may come up in reverse order. If they do go to the: Sort by down arrow and enter shoot date and then hit up or down arrow until you get #3172 as your first picture. They should then be in the proper sequence. If you want to see a larger picture double click the thumbnail. You can then just scroll through all pictures in full size (may be painfully slow in this venue) or close the larger picture and go back to the thumbnails until you reach another picture you want to look at in full size. I have included all pictures in a sequence so you can critique yourself if you wish.

These photos were auto adjusted only and are presented here at about 1/3 of full resolution. They still may load quite slowly so be patient. If anyone wants one or more of these photos in full resolution just email me @ dckarren@yahoo.com with the picture number(s) and I will Photoshop them for you and email to you in full resolution.

Camermans trivia observations. Utah windsurfers are getting better and better. Freestyle classes for Mike and Josh are paying off. Carl actually does fall but I missed getting that beautiful diving bailout on film.
Last edited by duanekarren on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
duanekarren

Re: Grantsville Pictures From 7-21-10

Postby Grant McAllister » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:16 am

Hey DK....Great shots of all the G-ville sailors and 113 of them too!!! Don`t think I`ve ever shot that many pictures in a year. Thanks for pic`s and the the two hours you spent baking like a lizard in the morning sun recording our favorite morning sailing spot. Now... get healed up and back on the water!!!
Grant McAllister

Postby Emmanuel Pons » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:35 am

Very cool! Thanks!

(damn I am loosing my hair.. thanks also for pointing that out in the pictures ;) )
Emmanuel Pons

Postby jason morton » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:16 am

You should try a better way to post pics. Most people won't bother to do all that logging in. I have always wondered why the windsurfers in Utah rarely post pics of their sessions? The kiteboard community has done a great job photographing/videoing their experiences for all the UWA to see.
jason morton

Postby duanekarren » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:06 pm

Jason,

I would like a better way to post pictures and am open to suggestions. If you have a better way your suggestions to me @ dckarren@yahoo.com would be appreciated.

Duane Karren
duanekarren

Postby jason morton » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Facebook and flickr are what most people use. Of course if you don't have a facebook account you can't view those. Nowadays almost everyone has facebook, for better or worse!
jason morton

Postby Carl Christensen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Duane,
I thought you were a fisherman or something at first. Didn't know it was you. Glad you didn't have the motor drive on when I went skittering across the water. Guess the lack of sleep/sailing caught up to me. But great work, thanks for the effort. There's a lot of really nice shots. Love the shot of Grant giving the thumbs up.

Good job, thanks a ton,

Carl C.
Carl C.
Carl Christensen

Postby duanekarren » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:36 pm

Jason,

I have facebook but I restrict it to just close friends and family as so many peoples facebook accounts end up with all of their contacts getting spammed or phished so didn't want to use that. Also you can only post photos in the resolution that facebook determines. I will look into flickr. I would like to take viewers to my photos in one click. It took 3 the way I did it.

Duane
duanekarren

Return to Wind Log