Email Craig's daily forecast?

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Email Craig's daily forecast?

Postby John Freed » Thu May 28, 2020 8:17 am

Beginning this spring I don't get Craig's daily forecast emailed to me similar to previous years. Anybody have any ideas?
John Freed

Re: Email Craig's daily forecast?

Postby Craig Goudie » Thu May 28, 2020 9:30 am

Hey John,

Maybe it's a sign that my forecasts are no longer relevant (or desired). Maybe it's a sign we should move to
a more modern platform (I'm sure Josh would like that).

I have zero knowledge about how any of that worked. Maybe Rick does, but you might try to resubscribe
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4019 and see how that goes.

I'd say "if I get a chance I'll look into it", but having said stuff like that for the last 10 years and never getting to it,
I'm not going to say it anymore. I was thinking after I retire from my day job (in a couple of years) I might have
more time to make this site less like living off the corps of the old world, but my retirement plans have
changed, and I'll probably be chained to my desk until I'm dead.

Hope we see each other in the Gorge later this season. I "hear" some of the Army Core of Engineers site are opening
up this week.

-Craig

John Freed wrote:Beginning this spring I don't get Craig's daily forecast emailed to me similar to previous years. Anybody have any ideas?
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Postby John Freed » Sat May 30, 2020 6:31 pm

Thanks Craig, Please don't look into it... it's not a big deal. By the way, the Grantsville wind meter you are looking at is about 90 degrees off. When it shows west it is actually "roughly" south. And yes, hope to see you in the Gorge! Take it easy.
John Freed

Postby Craig Goudie » Sun May 31, 2020 7:15 am

Thanks for that update on the wind meter, it's been awfully "West" at Gville this year. Now I know why.

Stay Healthy,

-Craig

John Freed wrote:Thanks Craig, Please don't look into it... it's not a big deal. By the way, the Grantsville wind meter you are looking at is about 90 degrees off. When it shows west it is actually "roughly" south. And yes, hope to see you in the Gorge! Take it easy.
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Return to Main Message Board