UWA Gorge weekend '06

A place to ask your questions or give up your secret tips about the Columbia River Gorge

Postby Craig Goudie » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:51 pm

Hey Les,

It is an afternoon/evening place (most of the time) and despite
some of the gloomier forecasts, the short waves breaking off the
low off the coast, usually mess up the wind in HR, but improve it
out East. There's good potential for such on Thursday and Friday.

Good luck,

-Craig

lesvierra wrote:I'm jumping in with Mike and Sal. House fixin can wait. We are debating leaving late thursday night (after Mike's concert) or early friday morning. Question for the guys with the crystal ball, when the wind blows at rufus does it usually blow into the evening? Is it that predictable?

We might get some sleep thursday night and just head out early for the DKT, but part of the DKT is kiting on the 'drive to' day. MUST KITE!
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Lana & Frred ---- on our way

Postby Fred Gruendell » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:35 am

We're visiting family in Idaho Falls today and then we'll head on over to catch up with the tribe. We're expecting yet another huge deposit to the lifetime of good memories from Gorge '07. Hope to see all you Utah windriders during our stay. We will be pulling in Sunday morning so no Tiki for us I'm afraid. Do a couple of those scorpions for us. We will be with you in spirit(s).

Fred & Lana :D
Fred Gruendell

Good News and Bad News

Postby RickHeninger » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:40 pm

Alaska has the most beautiful picturesque scenes that I have ever experienced in my life... The sun setting at midnight makes for days that you've dreamed of... Ya know, saying, if I only had more hours in a day... Well, move to Alaska in the summertime... For those of you who have been there to fish for Salmon, Halibut, Cod etc... You know...

What an amazing experience it was... We even did a summit tour of Denali (Mt. McKinely)... We saw footprints of tents at 19,000 feet... Stood in a tin boat 10 feet away from a Brown Bear (Grizzly) after fishing for Red Salmon on a flyout...

That's all the good news... The Bad news is that on the 21st of July I brought a 10 lb. Red Salmon (Sockeye) up to the filet table at about midnight to my brother who was fileting the fish... The salmon I slapped on the table began to slide off toward the channel that allows the "scraps" to fall into the river, I went to stop it... Well, so did my brother who was holding a 12 inch razor sharp filet knife! YUP! To the bone of my index finger... 9 stitches from a Doctor in Soldotna Alaska who told stories of treating bear attack victims. One of which had a crushed skull from a bite of a Brown Bear...

So 9 stitches puts a BIG damper on windsurfing in the Gorge for the next week or so... So, no Blowout for me this year!()@*~!~ I'm hoping to heal up by the 1st to maybe spend one week up there before the Sulphur Creek campout... Otherwise I'm looking at doing one of the later August Gorge trips! Darn! No, DAMN!
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Postby lesvierra » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:59 pm

We even did a summit tour of Denali (Mt. McKinely)...

By foot, plane, or heli?
lesvierra

Postby RickHeninger » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:16 pm

ha ha... I wish by foot! Kind of!

It was a summit tour by Twin Prop De Haviland Piper airplane... Unreal view of the tent or igloo footprints of the summit camp at 19,000 feet! That is one gargantuan mountain...
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Re: UWA Gorge weekend

Postby salvador » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:35 pm

i whant to go 7-18 to 7-26 any budy whant to carpool aztec
salvador

Postby Mark Johnson » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:35 am

Im in.
Mark Johnson

Postby Spencer R » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:05 am

hey.. this is last years topic guys.. let's start a new thread like "UWA Gorge Weekend 2008"

spencer
Spencer R

Re: UWA Gorge weekend '06

Postby lesvierra » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:45 pm

sal, I'm in again. I like the road side camping, easy on the slam dancing though... gees.
lesvierra

Postby salvador » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:17 pm

muy bien, preparate para tus clases de espanglish
salvador

Postby salvador » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:38 am

i am loking for job a the gorge,any contrucion work
salvador

Previous

Return to Gorge Q&A