Desperate Kiter Trip

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Desperate Kiter Trip

Postby Jacob Buzianis » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:31 pm

Though of who are desperate to go kite and have $150 to spend. Here a plan for your three or four days of steady wind kite trip.

-call in sick at work and tell your love one you need time off

-get four kiter to join you on 720 miles drive to Cali or the gorge to split gas money

-Wake up at 5am to pack up and meet everyone

-Leave at 6am

-drive for three hrs and switch driver every three hours

-get an afternoon session at 4pm

-ride til you drop

-go order $30 worth of pizza for dinners

-get grocery for breakfast and lunch

-camp out

-wake up at 8 am every morning

-do three 2 or 3 hours session ride a day

-on the last day, ride until 4pm

-Leave at 5pm to head back home

-each person drive about three hours

-home by 3am

-do this trip once a month from June til Sept.

You will get 8 or 10 days similar to Utah Lake North wind or Rush wind days. Those day in Utah you have probably spend 16 to 20 hours of driving back and forth by yourself depend on where you live in Utah and spent 60 to 80 dollars worth of after riding dinner. You will not go desprate anymore and ride 20 time better then you have ever riden before.

Anybody interested joining the Desperate Kiter Trip. Post it on the forum. Give your name, trip date you can go and which kite spot you are going.

Have Fun and Kite Safe,
Last edited by Jacob Buzianis on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacob Buzianis

Postby Jon Manwaring » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:51 pm

That is the perfect getaway! I have done it many times but instead of wakig up at 5am to leave, you can just leave after work that previous evening, drive all night, get a couple of hours of sleep that morning and be on the water at 10:00am the next morning! 8)
Jon Manwaring

Postby MikE mAy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:24 am

jake-

i'm in! i'm trying to convince the little dove that i need to go to the gorge. are you guys going over the 24th? give me a call and let me know the scoop. i'm going to lake michigan in august and i need some good riding before that. but, that is putting a kink in the trip fund. let me know when you guys are going and perhaps i can work it out.
MikE mAy

Postby Spencer R » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:39 pm

I'm in. Gorge or Sherman Island? When?
Spencer R

Postby crdeputy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:06 pm

I am interested in doing trips July 27 to 30, August 3 to 6 and 10 to 13. Any others available and interested in those dates?

Christian
801-694-0313
crdeputy

Postby Jacob Buzianis » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:54 am

The DKT is on for next week but it five more days longer. There some of us going from the 19th thru the 29th of July to the Gorge.

Christian schedule your first trip the Gorge and meet up with the Utah Kite Crew

Spencer-get your work done

Mike M- you are coming right?
Jacob Buzianis

Postby Marty Lowe » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:27 am

Don't forget about unofficial, annual UWA Gorge get together.
The Scorpion Tiki Party is planned for the
the evening of the 21rd at the HR Restaurant/GoldenRose/Jack's.

Let's get some more kiters there this year.

Thread started last year, but resurrected for this year.

http://utahwindriders.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=6077#6077

-Marty 8)
Marty Lowe

K

Postby bordy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:21 pm

K

:D
bordy

Postby MikE mAy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:25 pm

ok, the DKT as jake is calling it has to be a SSDKT (super short desperate kiting trip) for me. i've got another kite trip planned early august. i'm game, but only for 3 days max. that would be jakes original plan- leave at 6 in teh morning kite that afternoon, kite the next day, kite the third morning and drive home that day. i would also have to limit my funds as much as possible. i'm game for sleeping on a tarp or board bag and waking up with the wind. big group pizzas and cheap ass food for meals.... so maybe it would be a SSDBDKT (super short dirt bag desperate kiting trip).

anyway, that's what i can commit too. sounds like it won't work if you guys end up going for longer. any other takers for a SSDKT? Sal? Rossburg? money wise i can't do it alone....
MikE mAy

Postby lesvierra » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:09 pm

Mike, I might be in for something like that. I'll keep in touch.
lesvierra

Postby MikE mAy » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:07 am

it;s a go! i've got funds, time off and the ok from the little dove. leaving this coming friday morning, or late thursday night. Yo La Tengo is playing for free thursday night at the Galivan Center- not a show to miss. anyway, travel is going to cost about $120 each way. i think i'm going to need to recruit a third person. so far, it's Sal and myself meeting bill and jake and whomever else goes in the RV. Sal and i would leave sunday in time to get back to salt lake.

i have no idea where to camp, ride, etc. i'm all for going but need a third person to split the gas. Jason? Les? Todd? Mike? come on guys!
Last edited by MikE mAy on Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikE mAy

Postby lesvierra » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:48 am

Mike, I was so close to being able to go. Then the wife reminded me about the power sprayer paint rental this weekend and time to start the remodel of one of our gutted houses. Man, I hate when that happens.
lesvierra

Postby Kenny » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:37 am

My version of the DKT. Buy the biggest kite/board combo, go to the salt ponds or LPPs. Bring a big jug of water to rinse off the salt & filth; sleep in my own bed with my wife; repeat.

Seriously, I am up for a DKT in the second half of August. I am willing to drive.

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

LDKT

Postby tjacques » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:06 pm

MIKE
i am making my trip as planned to gorge. i will leave this friday at 4:00p.m. stay in my camper at deadmans pass. be kiting or sailing saturday afternoon(11:00 a.m.) really looking forward to first time kiting in gorge, and meeting up with the locals i have met here this year. I have a camper truck loaded with fun. if you are around you can hang if needed. i plan on making it to the tiki party, first for me. and any other uwa events. if wind is light i might go south towards Floras lake and other coastal spots. I have some time to kill, gotta love construction to get time off. anyway keep in touch on saturday.
todd
435-901-3120
tjacques

DKT - on the way

Postby Spencer R » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:23 pm

10:23 PM - Jake, Billy, Cosy and I (spencer r), just heading through northern Utah, nearing the 15 - 84 junction...
The next 10 days are going to be sweet!!
WOW - this RV gets great gas milage.... is 5 mpg good? I think that DKT will be a bit more money than originally proposed.. but we will get to kite, so all is good.
Spencer R

Next

Return to Main Message Board