Billy needs a new(to Him) board

Buy and Sell your kite gear here. Ads automatically removed after 6 months

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Sell or give away whatever you consider pertinent to kiting.
-Please delete what you've sold. Or update post after 3 months. (unless they are informatively helpful posts)

Billy needs a new(to Him) board

Postby bordy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:46 pm

Help a Billy out, most of you know how I ride. And I am not very well educated in current board tech shape etc. I would rather buy a board from some one in the family then outsource to E-bay or Ikitesurf. I am looking for a high end ride with lots of pop and the ability to land from the hight I jump while still being a blast to turn and play in the chop with. I am thinking good mid size from 132 up to 142ish. I am eyeballing a 07 North ceaser pro on e-bay and may just pull the trigger if the bidding stay in my price range but at 132 long and 40 wide I am not sure if its the correct size for here. I have light wind options but really want a stick that will make it happen as soon as there is enough wind to start jumping under a big kite but I can still hold down a 7m with. Am I being unrealistic?

Just for referance I really like how the Nobile 666, North Dragon , and Best Pro boards ride and feel. I really haven't ridden many other shapes but really just want a board that I can ride as hard as I can with out feeling limited by it (like I do now with my Slingshot SX 130 that I really want to hand down to Christy the super kiter). As always I am a poor kite instructor and am hoping for some "local love" on cost. I am hoping one of you cats may have something that can fit the bill and my pocket book, not that I have a pocket book but if I did it would be almost empty...

Thanks,
Billy
bordy

Re: Billy needs a new(to Him) board

Postby jason morton » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:23 am

Billy-
You're kite rich and board poor. I'm kite poor and board rich. I know you don't want any of my boards because they are too big but i am unloading my 137x44 litewave for $400 or $350. Barely used. Tell you what, you give me your 15m Sport2 and I'll buy you any board your little heart desires ha!
jason morton

Postby bordy » Sat May 03, 2008 8:26 pm

Jason,

I solved the board issue... But as always your welcome to demo the 15 any time I am around as long as I can compare my new board with your nobiles...

Good seeing you at the show, hope to see ya on the agua soon.
bordy

Postby jason morton » Sun May 04, 2008 9:43 am

What board did you get? I hope you got the Cesar pro or Lunacy. Maybe you got one of those tahitian boards from Brian and Heather? Tell us now!
jason morton

Postby bordy » Sun May 04, 2008 1:28 pm

08 Crazy Fly raptor pro 137- 41 Should be here next week.

I didn't like the stiffer bouncy ride of some of the "new School" masive pop boards. I think I can make the Raptor pop with good inputs but still have a fun ride in the chop. I also got the big one since its made a bit stiffer than I guy my size needs so it should pop my little ass. Plus since my knee is still "new" I want a smoother feel, with enough surface to get me up with the smallest kite I can fly, but still make it work on big kite mid power days. Should be a good fun stick for you bigger folk also.

What ya think?
bordy

Postby jason morton » Mon May 05, 2008 1:54 pm

That board looks sick! Way to go big!
jason morton

Postby btjsfca » Tue May 06, 2008 12:28 pm

The Raptor was going to be my pick. Even had one on the line, but couldn't justify the price tag. Especially since I don't rip like a Billy. And after I found an 07 Sol for cheap, it was basically over. But, that board is uber sick. Poppy and good chop handing. Perfect Utah freestyle tray. I won't be asking for a ride so I won't know what I missed out on. ;)

-J
btjsfca

Postby bordy » Thu May 08, 2008 9:55 am

As with all my gear just ask, I swap ya rides on that Sol it looks fun. I think Mike Mc has one he loves it. I hope the raptor helps me step up my game, while still giving me the comfort we all love to enjoy the utah wind...

B
bordy

Return to Kites Buy/Sell