Old skule rules or "Revenge of the Nerds" Rush meltdown 5/15

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

Old skule rules or "Revenge of the Nerds" Rush meltdown 5/15

Postby Brian Kelm » Sun May 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Wow, when was the last time that you saw more poleboarders than kiters?!! Pulled in when Sal & Mark and a few other hardy kiters were getting off the water and to my surprise, the old schoolers (windsurfers) were ruling the roost, most windboarders I've seen on the water in years. Being an old, decrepid, intrepid kiter, there was no way I was going to rig my 8 M kite so I fortunately had a back up plan -- JP Wave board and 3.7 M Ezzy wave sail. As I left, Jake was just taking a break from absolutely rippin it and Steve Mayer just arrived, rigging his 4.5 and having plenty of power. Much as I wanted to work on my kiting skills, 30 - 50 mph winds still puts a smile on my face on small poleboarder gear. ...And us old guys ruled, and it was good...
Brian Kelm

Re: Old skule rules or "Revenge of the Nerds" Rush meltdown

Postby brian.doubek » Mon May 16, 2011 11:09 am

It was a pole-board bonanza at Rush so I decided to join the festivities. Thanks to Josh S for letting me take some rides on his 4m/78L rig, it was a hoot. I had forgotten how difficult windsurfing is, it was fun to dust off the old skills.
brian.doubek

Return to Wind Log