WILLARD 3-25

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

WILLARD 3-25

Postby mike rossberg » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:37 am

Decided to try Willard today. My wife had to work today so I had 3 kids added to my quiver of kites and sails. Skyline was going to be to long of a drive"ARE WE THERE YET", and the kids already know how much fun Rush is "NOT".

Willard turned out to be goodcall all the way around. The kids had a great time in the nice sandy beach. Dad had great time on is 4.5. Shared the waves 2 other sailors. It was really nice to get out sailing again. I hit my first Jibe of season. There's just something about feeling of; raking the sail back, baring off the wind slightly and letting it rip. The sound of hull smacking on the waves is music to my ears. I should have been on a 5.5 but I just kept thinking it was going to nuke. I left at 4:30 so it probably nuked at 5:00.

We rode at Pelican Beach at the State Park on the North end of Willard Bay. Super nice place to sail. Bathrooms, fresh water to wash off, 40' strip of grass to rig, then nice sand beach to the water. I posted some pics in the ALBUM.

Later,

Mike
mike rossberg

Postby RickHeninger » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:11 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
RickHeninger
Site Admin

Postby stevehicks » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:07 pm

Good Sailing with you guys.
Steve Hicks
stevehicks

Return to Wind Log