Local places to get kit repaird?

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Local places to get kit repaird?

Postby adelatorre » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:43 am

I've got a 2009 or 2010 North Rebel which has a slow leak. Where are some places close to Provo I can get it repaired?

Thanks.
adelatorre

Re: Local places to get kit repaird?

Postby obzansky » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:54 am

not local, but I just had a kite repair done by Airtime. With shipping, total time was less that 1 week even without rush shipping and processing. http://www.airtimekite.com/index.php/
obzansky

Postby Leo Chan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:42 pm

I can probably fix it for you. Same cost as airtime, but no shipping needed. Let me know.

Leo: 801-960-8135
Leo Chan

Postby gregwojtkun » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:08 am

Honesty its a super easy self repair if the leak is right near the wingtip or if its in one of the strut bladders (not sure if a 2009 is segmented - newer kites have good bladder segmentation). Un velcrow the wing tip, Pull bladder out about 7 or 8 inches. Pump up. Put 7 or 8 inch section in water.. look for bubbles or you can prob feel it. Then dry off (make sure super dry) and then apply a bladder patch. If you see no bubbles on wing tips, then check the struts (again, if they can be air locked off - its much easier)

Takes about 20 to 30 min

Now, if the leak is more I the middle of the bladder, then its a different ball game and requires the removal of the bladder. which is doable and easy to follow, but takes about 1 or 2 hours.

Want to make this super simple, more safe, and have better performance? Buy a kite package 2013 or after or something new. Will cost you but if you are getting addicted to the sport, its worth the investment my brother.
gregwojtkun

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum