4/16 Pelican Point 4.2 and 75L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

4/16 Pelican Point 4.2 and 75L

Postby Sarah Ranes » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:57 am

First day out for myself and Linda, waahoooooo! What a fun day it turned out to be, with perfect 4.2 conditions for as long as I could hang on. It took us a little time to brave the cold, but we finally rigged, and put on a lot of rubber suit blubber and headed out. We discovered, OMG I still remember how to sail a little board. It sure put a big smile on my face, as soon as I stepped on, hooked in and planned off. Of course the next thought was....I hope I remember how to make a turn and stay on the board.... Oh boy....success and more smiles.
So happy to see a few rippers on the water when we arrived. Eric, John, Ken, those guys are amazing, and allowed us to rig the right sail and board. Duane, Josh and a few others showed up to enjoy the cold wind. I was amazed that Duane sailed quite a bit with no gloves at all. Most of us sailing had some fairly warm gloves or mitts on. I don't think I could have sailed 10 minutes with out them.
Sarah Ranes

Return to Wind Log