4/22 Grants 2nd shift, 7/5.2/4.2M, 135/115/86L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

4/22 Grants 2nd shift, 7/5.2/4.2M, 135/115/86L

Postby kenonstott » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:35 pm

I had already sailed my 7.0 in the morning with the rest of the crew mentioned in Duane’s post. I was flying on the 5.2 when Duane left and only managed 3 round trips before getting blown off the lake. After some lunch to build my energy level I went out on my 4.2 and my 86L race board. It ended up being the best 4.2 sesh I have had a Grants for a number of years. Usually on a day like this the afternoon ends up being 10 to 40mph; you get ripped off the board by a wild wind gust, then you can’t get on a plane or about once every 10 minutes you sink tail first. But the wind was staying between 20 and 35 most of the time which left me with lots of wild screaming rides into the very wild-wind SE corner. Unfortunately, with winds this high and a little SW, the wind doesn’t always attach to the water near the west shore and you never know where to turn on the west side. Sailed 2 hours on the 4.2 and finally bagged it a little after 3:00. I filled a plastic bottle with lake water and threw my thermometer in and it showed 52 degrees. Better than the 38 degrees we see sometimes in early March. I got ripped off the board 5 times during the day and managed to keep my nose from going under per doctors orders. Great to have the lake full. I thought I had too much equipment but I used 3 boards and 3 sails and could have used the 76L if I had enough energy to keep sailing. Great day.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Re: 4/22 Grants 2nd shift, 7/5.2/4.2M, 135/115/86L

Postby Sarah Ranes » Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:12 am

Ken you are amazing! You get maximum time on the water. Wished I could have stuck around, but had commitments.
Sarah Ranes

Return to Wind Log