6.11.17 Grantsville, 5.0, 80 liter

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

6.11.17 Grantsville, 5.0, 80 liter

Postby Carl Christensen » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:57 pm

Texted with Duane B. regarding Grants. Thought about Jordanelle but it didn't promise as much. Forecast for Gville was for strongest 4-6pm, I hit the road after 3. Grants isn't always a good gamble after morning but what are you gonna do? It was gusting low 30's when I arrived. Tim and his buddy were leaving but said 5.0 was more than enough so that's what I did. My 94 liter carve felt very large so I dropped 14 liters down to my 80 liter Mistral Wave because sometimes Utah lets you do that. Looks like it was gusting towards 40 by 5:30 so now I know why the 94 was so big. Left around 6. The wind was flavored with a bit too much west in it at times, a bad omen at the pond there, and lots of blowing dust, but rides they were. Good shakedown for the beginning of my season.
Carl C.
Carl Christensen

Return to Wind Log