8/5 Sat Chucktown 7.5

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

8/5 Sat Chucktown 7.5

Postby John Dubock » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:33 am

With Commodore Southwick out of town it had to blow. Started early at 11am, massive boat crowds, Tour of Utah riding by, but Sundance was pegged SW all morning. I made the rookie mistake of Rainbow Bay. Brutal heat, cliffs, rocks, on and off wind plus hordes of picnic people bobbing in the only launch zones because the water is still very high. Two turns, Day One for me, came to my senses and de rigged for Charleston. It was homecoming there with Steve, George, Judy, Layne and Cyndi.The got a few southerly rides before Sundance went to zero, north wind came up, game over. The launch is perfect, a few weeds, no crowd, grassy rigging area, shade and hot water.

I think we added up all the sailing days between us, might be less than ten total. Must have been 20 kiters rigging up at their beach.

On a foil note I do have a DRAM Hypersonic 125 beater if anyone wants to test it out, Dave mentioned 'drilling'', not sure what that entails. It's not super wide at 76cm.
John Dubock

Return to Wind Log