08/13 DCCB, 7M/138L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

08/13 DCCB, 7M/138L

Postby JimSouthwick » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Same equipment as yesterday, but MUCH better wind.

Just as Craig predicted, the wind showed up about noon. When I arrived at the launch, John D. was already busy rigging his 7.0, and a quick look at the whitecaps on the far side suggested to me that a 7.0 was likely to be plenty. Mike Rosberg dropped by but didn't have time to sail. Next to arrive was Judy, followed by Duane, followed by the George Ward family and the Shirleys. The seven windsurfer sailors (John, Judy, Duane, George, Josh, Josh's son, and I) enjoyed wind that was (by DC standards) unusually strong and steady until about 3, when the sky to the Northwest started to darken and the wind got progressively holeyer and weaker. Best DC day so far this season, IMHO.

08Aug13.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimSouthwick

Re: 08/13 DCCB, 7M/138L

Postby duanekarren » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Charleston Beach is a great place to sail at DC on the weekends. It's out of the people, boat & waverunner traffic. It is weedy so if you have weed-fins - bring em.
duanekarren

Return to Wind Log