9/20, Grants, 7.0/6.0/112L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

9/20, Grants, 7.0/6.0/112L

Postby kenonstott » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:13 am

NOAA saying 60% chance North and 40% South. Not a good predictor for Grants but due to afternoon conflicts my only choice for the day. Grants was only 50 degrees when I started and I ended up with the 1st frozen hands and brain freeze of Fall but it warmed quickly. Totally powered on 7.0 for an hour, nicely powered on 6.0 for an hour then it died at 11:30. By noon I was coming out of suit when it roared back in for another hour of 7.0. Quit at 1:00. Nice day and nice day to just be out enjoying the last of the summer-like weather.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:32 am
Location: Most likely Grantsville

Return to Wind Log

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest