11/1, Grants, 7.0/112L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

11/1, Grants, 7.0/112L

Postby kenonstott » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:59 pm

Pretty cold when I got there but wind already up. Well powered until 11:00 when it started tapering off. Had the 7.0 at maximum outhaul and downhaul. Only went down once but it seemed like it could get pretty cold if I didn’t bounce right back on the board. Since we are out of the slimy mud I assume the lake is coming up. Nice morning. John got the wind meter going again but it wasn’t reading while I was there. It back-dated the readings so apparently it has some storage in the wind meter. On the way back right near I-80 there was a farm field with 30 Crows, 1000 Gulls and 1000 Starlings, quite a site.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log