11-16-17 Grants 4.5 5.2 5.8 6.0

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

11-16-17 Grants 4.5 5.2 5.8 6.0

Postby John Freed » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Ken and I battled the gust and slog, SW then SSW winds at Grants with fairly mild temps. When I arrived Ken was blasting around on his 4.7, I started to rig the same, but as he started to slog, decided to rig a 5.8. Ken came in and rigged a 6.0 and we proceeded to rip and slog for awhile on the 5.8 / 6.0. About that time, I spun out on a jibe and put a hole in my 5.8 (dang). Rigged a 5.2 just as the wind clocked even more to the west, and proceeded to enjoy a couple of rip roaring rides along the western shore. Wind started to "normalize" for awhile, but we ended up bagging it about noon, as the south westerly push stayed only on the south east end of the pond. Ended up on the bigger boards, ~112L as the flotation was nice during the "slogs". Air temps in high 50's, lower 60's with some sun, not bad. Water level still pretty good for late fall, which should give us a good start for next spring. Speaking of which, we may be close to the infamous... last few days of the year???
John Freed

Return to Wind Log