2/6-2/20, Mojave/Mead 4.2-7.0

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

2/6-2/20, Mojave/Mead 4.2-7.0

Postby kenonstott » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:26 pm

The Doctor finally released me to have my eyes in lake water again the 1st of February so it was off to warmer climes. Mojave (5 sesh's)was its usual spectacular and uncrowded super sailing site while Mead, the one day I sailed there, provided some spectacular reaches if not the steadiest of wind. Mojave water was 57 degrees which isn't bad for February. However, the air didn't seem as warm as normal as, while it was 80 the 1st day, by the end of the 2nd week it was struggling to get to 60. Would have helped if I had brought a wetsuit without holes. Still, hot sailing kept me from ever getting cold. 2 to 5 sailors joined me each day with a couple of kiters the last day. Hardly any boats. Stayed in Henderson with my daughter, 5 grandkids and 3 Great grandkids. Sweet time.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Re: 2/6-2/20, Mojave/Mead 4.2-7.0

Postby mmontmorency » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Sounds like a great start to the 2018 season!
mmontmorency

Return to Wind Log