5/6, Grants, 6.0-7.0/112L-145L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

5/6, Grants, 6.0-7.0/112L-145L

Postby kenonstott » Sun May 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Wow, 3rd day in a row. Used to be common before the weather changes. Mike E, Mike M, Patrick, John showed up for the predicted windfest. We got there at 8:00 to some promising wind but it took some bagged out sails and big boards to plane at 1st. Still, it didn’t seem that long before we were able to jump on the 112L boards. Streaky winds made for a good morning to work on planning skills. I am the only one that stayed for the afternoon shift. Ditched the 7.0 and rigged the 6.0 while I ate lunch and was able to sail some pretty good wind 1:00-2:00 before what seemed to be a thermal die-off. The wind filled back in to the best winds of the day for a 3:00 to 4:00 sesh then it finally started dying back (or was it my body dying?) By then I was sailing between paddle boarders to the south and kayakers to the north, while also sailing through a flock of 100’s of gulls and trying to miss an electric boat trolling up and down in the middle of the lake. With the Firestorm ripping at full speed I don’t know whether I impressed or scared them. Tons of fisherman along the shore and way too much dust from all the ORV traffic. Still, great day.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log