5/16, Grants, 6.5-7.8, 112L-117L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

5/16, Grants, 6.5-7.8, 112L-117L

Postby kenonstott » Wed May 16, 2018 7:08 pm

By last night NOAA had canceled all the wind predicted when they made the Wednesday forecast 3 days ago. So it was no surprise to wake up at 6:00 to no indicated wind on the meter. But by 7:00 we realized the wind was increasing on the Deseret Complex meter by 1 mph every 15 minutes. Loaded up in a heartbeat and headed out. Got there to increasing wind. By the time I had rigged and got the wet suit on it had already come up enough to pass on the 135L board and jump on the 112L. John was on his 6.5, Josh on a 7.8 race sail, and I was in between with the 7.0. Boards 112L-117L. Definitely fully planning from the start and by 9:30 I was at the ragged edge on the east side at times. A great surprise and some very sweet wind. I had a blast and John was smiling so big I figured he was going have to start cleaning bugs off his teeth. During the sesh a bucket truck and crew showed up to work on the wind meter. They didn’t get it fixed (the problem seems to be a computer/communication issue) but at least they are finally showing an interest. A tanker was stocking the lake when we left so probably going to have a lot more fishermen for a while. Great morning.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log