6/5/18, Grants, 7.0/8.5/112L/135L

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

6/5/18, Grants, 7.0/8.5/112L/135L

Postby kenonstott » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:26 pm

Sunday predictions for Tuesday were for pretty strong wind but by last night it was all evaporating. Made it a point to get there early but dawn patrol would have been better. Started off with 7.0 and 112L and got some pretty good rides although too many holes. Then started having trouble. Switched to the 8.5 and 135L. The 1st round trip was nothing but I was determined to get some planers on the bigger rig and patience was rewarded with some pretty powered up planers in between the holes. Had planned on heading to Sulfur if it didn’t work out but was ok with the session. John had the 2nd siting of the huge carp. Wonder who planted it. Tons of fishermen for a weekday. And very warm. Dash temp read 76 degrees at 6:30. Wow, 1st time I ran the AC on the way to the lake.
Ken Onstott
Sailing both the Gorge and Utah on my 8'2" HiTech and my 3 Starboards; Sonic 85L, S-Type 115L, and Carve 135L. Small quiver is Northwave, larger sails are Ezzy and Sailworks. Often in my white Odyssey but also in my wife's motor home.
kenonstott

Return to Wind Log