8/3 Sulphur 15 & 10m Kite

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

8/3 Sulphur 15 & 10m Kite

Postby Kenny » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:05 pm

I arrived around 1:30 to lackluster wind. I had driven so far that I figured I would go out anyway even though the lulls were huge. Put up my 15m kite and of course the wind picked up as well. Did some screaming reaches and a couple jumps that picked me up high and then nothing so I plummeted like a stone. Quickly packed it in and thought of leaving (note to self, next time just wait for the wind). Fortunately, around 2:30 the wind filled in, I went out on a 10m and it was the right call for the shifty, gusty, up and down wind that was to follow, rode until my arms got tired. Island is just starting to poke out of the water and there is a post the diameter of a telephone pole that is exposed about 100 yards south of the launch. Wore a shorty, but I would have preferred a full length 3 mil. No windsurfers, boats, nada on the water. Had the place to myself, kind of surreal with the smoky skies. I heard it rained in SLC, but it was sunny skies with a few clouds all afternoon in Evanston. Wish some windsurfering brethren were there to share the joy.
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Wind Log