UWA Gorge weekend '06

A place to ask your questions or give up your secret tips about the Columbia River Gorge

Moderators: Craig Goudie, RickHeninger, Josh Shirley

UWA Gorge weekend '06

Postby Marty Lowe » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:32 am

'06It seems like a lot of Utah windriders are in the Gorge around the 24th (July)

Who's going to be there this year?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last year there was an informal UWA day at Rufus.

I suggest trying to do it again. (depending on conditions, of course)

The only place I know that is easy for Kiters and Windsurfers
to ride at the same time.

-Marty 8)

7/20 till 7/31
Last edited by Marty Lowe on Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Marty Lowe
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:09 am
Location: Fruit Heights

Re: UWA Gorge weekend

Postby Craig Goudie » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:59 am

Hey buddy,

All of Tribe Surfrat will be up there during that week. I make it up
the 23rd (right after my Daughter's wedding), but the Gear Queens,
Danger D, The Rock Star, Fred the Shred, Rick H, Jim H, Big Wave Dave,
Sharon Carl, Tom Hughes, Gunars, and a host of ancillary tribesman
will be up before me.

Speaking of get togethers, The Scorpion Tiki Party is planned for the
the evening of the 23rd at the HR Restaurant/GoldenRose/Jack's.
I think Danger D will post something about that here soon, but you all
should definitely join us pole boarders ;*)

So maybe we could meet at Rufus sometime that week if wind allows.
Just email me if it looks promising. I've got good high speed connection
these days.


-Craig

Marty wrote:It seems like a lot of Utah windriders are in the Gorge around the 24th (July)

Who's going to be there this year?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last year there was an informal UWA day at Rufus.

I suggest trying to do it again. (depending on conditions, of course)

The only place I know that is easy for Kiters and Windsurfers
to ride at the same time.

-Marty 8)

7/20 till 7/31
Craig Goudie
Sailing the high desert lakes of Utah on my:
150 Sumo, 8'6"RRD TT, 8'2"Cross M
with Sailworks/Naish Sails

Sailing the Gorge on my:
9'1"RRD Freeride, 7'9" Open Ocean Slasher, 8'0"Hitech
with Northwave Sails
User avatar
Craig Goudie
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:53 am
Location: Most Likely--Doug's Beach

Postby RickHeninger » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:56 am

I'll be getting up there around the 25th or 26th... I'll be on an Alaska fishing trip from the 12th to the 22nd of July... Then after the 24th I'll be heading up... Bummer, I'll miss the Tiki Dinner! :(

BTW... Tribe Surfrat does not discriminate... All it takes to be a member is a couple of trips up to the Gorge during the Utah trip... And to make it through the week spreading peace amongst the other tribesmen! It's all about the love! At least that has been my assessment... ;)

PS Marty, my Avatar pic is from Rufus Video last year that my girlfriend shot... Notice the kiter in the pic... I agree with you... Awesome place for Flosshangers and Poleboarders to ride together...
User avatar
RickHeninger
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:44 pm
Location: SLC

Postby Marty Lowe » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:26 pm

RickHeninger wrote:
PS Marty, my Avatar pic is from Rufus Video last year that my girlfriend shot... Notice the kiter in the pic... I agree with you... Awesome place for Flosshangers and Poleboarders to ride together...



Deja VU...
Resurrecting a post from last year?????

The story is still the same 7/19 till 7/30

The Fort Stevens (coast) downwinder is my first option,
then mostly Rufus if it's windy enough,
then the corridor if I have to.

UWA day again at Rufus would be great, to kite/sail together

Is that pic me in forground and you duck jybeing? cool...

-Marty 8)
Last edited by Marty Lowe on Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Marty Lowe
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:09 am
Location: Fruit Heights

Postby RickHeninger » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:57 pm

Um... No, but may as well be huh!? There weren't any Utah people that I know of present on this day...
User avatar
RickHeninger
 
Posts: 1026
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:44 pm
Location: SLC

Postby darrenfowler » Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:56 am

Aloha!!!
Sorry I don't think I'm going to make the Tiki Party either. I will be in the Gorge 7/13 thru 7/22, and then again in mid August. I think you guys had better plan a danger-free Tiki.
Mahalo, D.
User avatar
darrenfowler
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:00 am

Postby Craig Goudie » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:58 pm

Plan? What plan. We all just show up one night. That night could be
7/21! Or are you just trying to dodge us?

-Craig

dangerd wrote:Aloha!!!
Sorry I don't think I'm going to make the Tiki Party either. I will be in the Gorge 7/13 thru 7/22, and then again in mid August. I think you guys had better plan a danger-free Tiki.
Mahalo, D.
Craig Goudie
Sailing the high desert lakes of Utah on my:
150 Sumo, 8'6"RRD TT, 8'2"Cross M
with Sailworks/Naish Sails

Sailing the Gorge on my:
9'1"RRD Freeride, 7'9" Open Ocean Slasher, 8'0"Hitech
with Northwave Sails
User avatar
Craig Goudie
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:53 am
Location: Most Likely--Doug's Beach

Postby Marty Lowe » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:54 pm

Craig Goudie wrote:Plan? What plan. We all just show up one night.

That night could be 7/21!
-Craig


That sounds like a great date..

Let's make it happen......

-Marty 8)
User avatar
Marty Lowe
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:09 am
Location: Fruit Heights

Postby darrenfowler » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:56 am

Sweet!!!
Sounds like a plan! Oops, what? a plan?
I'm pretty easy to find up there just look for the P.O.C. (piece of crap) van and the big white dog. Probably at Cheap or Doug's.
Aloha, D.
User avatar
darrenfowler
 
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:00 am

Count us in for the Get Togethers....

Postby Sarah Ranes » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:38 am

Sailing at Rufus (with the dark siders) would be great if the wind cooperates. Dinner with the gang is always good. See you all there.
Sarah Ranes
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:57 am

Re: Count us in for the Get Togethers....

Postby Marty Lowe » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:37 am

Sarah Ranes wrote:Sailing at Rufus (with the dark siders) would be great if the wind cooperates. Dinner with the gang is always good. See you all there.


Rufus to the Wall...

We'll all have a ball....
(lame,,,I know)

Who in the tribe can I text to keep in touch.
I have cell numbers for Sarah,(4315) Linda,(4866) Craig, (8181)

-Marty 8)
User avatar
Marty Lowe
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:09 am
Location: Fruit Heights

Postby jason morton » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:11 pm

How about an epic downwinder from Mercury Cove to Roosevelt?
jason morton
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 2:58 pm

Postby Marty Lowe » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:36 pm

jason morton wrote:How about an epic downwinder from Mercury Cove to Roosevelt?


Where's Mercury cove?

Will Regan be in the chase vehicle?


I'm hoping for Jetty to Shipwreck downwinders,,,
Every day.......

-Marty 8)
User avatar
Marty Lowe
 
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:09 am
Location: Fruit Heights

Postby Craig Goudie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:31 am

WOW, Mercury Cove, there's a blast from the past. It's on the Washington
side between Lorock's (about 2 miles West of 3 Mile) and Roosevelt.

A killer long straight section of river which can develop excellent swell.
Named for the rusting car hulk (which could be a Merc). The Railroad
has denied access since about 1992, but you can still drive down in there
if you want to risk the fine. I don't recall the launch being too Kiter
friendly, but the last time I was there, Kites were just a twinkle
in their daddy's eye ;*)

-Craig

Marty wrote:
jason morton wrote:How about an epic downwinder from Mercury Cove to Roosevelt?


Where's Mercury cove?

Will Regan be in the chase vehicle?


I'm hoping for Jetty to Shipwreck downwinders,,,
Every day.......

-Marty 8)
Craig Goudie
Sailing the high desert lakes of Utah on my:
150 Sumo, 8'6"RRD TT, 8'2"Cross M
with Sailworks/Naish Sails

Sailing the Gorge on my:
9'1"RRD Freeride, 7'9" Open Ocean Slasher, 8'0"Hitech
with Northwave Sails
User avatar
Craig Goudie
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:53 am
Location: Most Likely--Doug's Beach

Re: Count us in for the Get Togethers....

Postby Craig Goudie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:38 am

The Rock Star and I will be winging into town on the morning
of the 21st. If it's blowing out there, we'll probably be there by
about 2PM. Just text me or give me a call sometime between
11 and 2 if you like. At the minimum, we can still meet up
for dinner that evening.

-Craig

Marty wrote:
Sarah Ranes wrote:Sailing at Rufus (with the dark siders) would be great if the wind cooperates. Dinner with the gang is always good. See you all there.


Rufus to the Wall...

We'll all have a ball....
(lame,,,I know)

Who in the tribe can I text to keep in touch.
I have cell numbers for Sarah,(4315) Linda,(4866) Craig, (8181)

-Marty 8)
Craig Goudie
Sailing the high desert lakes of Utah on my:
150 Sumo, 8'6"RRD TT, 8'2"Cross M
with Sailworks/Naish Sails

Sailing the Gorge on my:
9'1"RRD Freeride, 7'9" Open Ocean Slasher, 8'0"Hitech
with Northwave Sails
User avatar
Craig Goudie
 
Posts: 3294
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:53 am
Location: Most Likely--Doug's Beach

Next

Return to Gorge Q&A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron