8/20 Craig's Dazed and Confused

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

8/20 Craig's Dazed and Confused

Postby Craig Goudie » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:23 am

Best chance today is probably SUlfur Creek where you might avoid the thick clouds
and get some 6/12M rides from Noon until 3. It's unlikely, but if the clouds open up.
maybe a few rides at DC in the 7/14M range between 2 and 5.

Tomorrow, strong SW winds at most locations, but plenty of rain too. AM favored
locations are your best bet before the rain rolls in so look for Grantsville in the 6/12M range
before 11AM, and Yuba in the 6/12M range until about 2PM. Sulfur should be up and reasonable
in the late AM to early PM in the 5/10M range. By 2 PM the rain rolls in with large gusts and holes.
Willard, DC, and Jordanelle could give you some screaming rides in the 5/10M range, but wind will
be erratic in the afternoon. Kiters might want to sit this one out. UL and Mona also with SW erratic winds
in the 6/12M range late afternoon through evening.

Tuesday, more rain, and less wind.

-Craig

p.s, if you were thinking of coming up to Hood River to dodge the rain, the smoke up here right now
is terrible. I'm hiding out in an air filtered environment, watching the river and i can't see the Washington
side. probably last another day or 2.
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride