Where to ride Sunday 12/21

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Where to ride Sunday 12/21

Postby Kenny » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:10 am

Today does not look promising for wind. PowMow may be a possibility on big kites.

Monday looks interesting, there is a ton of snow in the forecast. Wind is pre and post frontal, expect strong gusty am winds and lighter NW winds in the afternoon and snow. The storm looks pretty juicy, so some locations are going to whiteout

Skyline is a possibility in the morning, but looks like whiteout in the afternoon - good be a whiteout all day. Snow coverage should be excellent with blown powder conditions.

PowMow will have strong, bordering on dangerous wind in the morning and a total dump in the afternoon - good chance that it may be a whiteout all day.

Park City good morning wind and snow and wind in the afternoon. Low to no visibility in the afternoon.

Strawberry - not typically good on a SW wind, the afternoon may be rideable, but I think it may just end being a whiteout or snowfest (no wind, lots of snow) in the afternoon

Rush Lake - looks like it could be good all day with strong, gusty south wind in the morning and lighter NW wind and snow in the afternoon. Jake told me that Rush is covered, but the bushes on the side are still exposed.

Salt Lake Valley - same as Rush. Find a place with coverage and no obstructions.

Evanston - strong wind and lots of snow. Driving I-80 will probably be a nightmare.

Avalanche conditions in the Northern Utah Backcountry are high/extreme and moderate in the Skyline area. It is not a good time to do backcountry exploration. For more info check out http://utahavalanchecenter.org/.
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: Where to ride Sunday 12/21

Postby Tyler_Lyon » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Bluffdale is up with good south today it has been blowing all morning in the high teens and low 20s. With multiple fields and good coverage you could get some nice rides today just google earth blutffdale and pick your field.
Tyler_Lyon

Postby Kenny » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:09 pm

Tyler,

Thanks for posting! I missed the fact that Bluffldale was going off this morning. Looks like tomorrow morning should be good as well and possibly the afternoon as well (depending on how heavy the snow falls). Does anyone know what the coverage is like at the Church Welfare Farm (13400 S. 4400 W)?

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Postby Tyler_Lyon » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:32 pm

coverage is between 2 -6 inches in all areas around the south end of the valley. I rode friday before the new snow at a field on 2700 west and and about 142000 south. it was not bad but still picked up some mud on the board. not bad but still fun. also the bluffdale park has good coverage and since it is grass it allows for smoth riding and a good time.
Tyler_Lyon

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride