Craig's Where to Ride 9/28

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Each forecaster has their own topic. Forecasters reply to their own posts. This forum is READ ONLY. You can not reply in this forum.
-We've set this up so you can subscribe to a forecast. Following these guidelines will guarantee that people recieve the forecasts they want.
Thanks again to Craig since before 99' and Kenny since 08' for the forecasts.
Disclaimer
-Forecasts are for entertainment purposes only. (Hopefully we are entertaining enough to provide an occasional chuckle.) All windriders are free to choose their locations and conditions, and are responsible for the risks thereof.

Craig's Where to Ride 9/28

Postby Craig Goudie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:56 am

It's a DeerCreek kinda day, look for good 7.5/12M wind (by Deercreek standards) 2 through dusk.
Sulfur will have another day of planable PM 7.5 also. Warm!

Tuesday the honk'n South comes in with Grants AM in the 5 M range, Sulfur PM in the 4 M range,
DC PM might get to gusty 5.5, UL MM19 around the dinner hour in the 5.5 range, UL Lincoln
in the 9M range where it will probably be North, and Mona in the 6 M range. remember it's gusty at UL on a South and there
will be cloud cover even though it'll be 85 degree air temps.

Weds cold rainy and cloudy air will usher in more strong South wind AM at Grants, Sulfur with steady 4 M winds PM, and all UL launches will be North most the cold cold day.

-Craig
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Re: Craig's Where to Ride 9/28

Postby Kenny » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:48 am

UL Lincoln
in the 9M range where it will probably be North

Hey Craig, I have never tried Lincoln on a strong south day. Are you forecasting that the wind will come from the north because it will be bending around west mountain and then coming in north? If so, it will probably be nasty, swirling, shifty wind.

If possible, please include Lindon and ULSSB in your forecast for tomorrow. Both of those spots work pretty well on a strong south.

Looks like snow may be coming to the upper elevations, you only have a month or so of forecasting before a much deserved break!

Thank you for your forecasts! You never cease to amaze me with your accuracy and timing.

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Re: Craig's Where to Ride 9/28

Postby Craig Goudie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:30 pm

No North tomorrow, I thought a short wave might kick through in the 7 PM range, but it's not going through till about 3 AM on Weds, so nevermind, it's going to stay South tomorrow, and won't be great at the UL Kite leaunches.

-Craig

Kenny wrote:
UL Lincoln
in the 9M range where it will probably be North

Hey Craig, I have never tried Lincoln on a strong south day. Are you forecasting that the wind will come from the north because it will be bending around west mountain and then coming in north? If so, it will probably be nasty, swirling, shifty wind.

If possible, please include Lindon and ULSSB in your forecast for tomorrow. Both of those spots work pretty well on a strong south.

Looks like snow may be coming to the upper elevations, you only have a month or so of forecasting before a much deserved break!

Thank you for your forecasts! You never cease to amaze me with your accuracy and timing.

Kenny
Craig Goudie
Sailing the Gorge on my:
8'4" OO Fat Boy, 7'9" OO Slasher, 7'4" Goya SurfWave
with Northwave Sails
Craig Goudie
Site Admin

Return to Forecasts - Where to Ride