Provo Boat Harbor

Let people know when you're headed out.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, Time"
Example:
04/10/2010 Rush Lake ~5PM It's gonna blow 3.7!

Provo Boat Harbor

Postby Josh Shirley » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:14 pm

I will be heading down to Provo Boat Harbor this afternoon/evening. Light wind sailing or planning we will see.

If anyone wants to come out with me that needs beginner gear and just needs time on the water give me a call.

No instruction - just time on the water.

I have to know what to bring - I can't anticipate your gear needs!

Josh
801 859-9897
Whatever thou art, do well thy part.
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Re: Provo Boat Harbor

Postby marcoarici » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi Josh, my wife and I just learned to kitesurf out of state and we would strongly appreciate if you, or anyone else, could show us the UT Lake launching sites. We don’t need instruction but just water time and before we go there on our own I would like to scout the sites with someone that used the area already. I am just interested in see the launching site, the possible local hazards, limitation and local regulation of the UT lake sites. Basically I just need someone to talk about it that perhaps could show me around. Unfortunately we don’t know many kitesurfers here in UT and with Billy unavailable we have yet to try the UT sites. (He is the instructor for WindZup but he just had a baby and he is not available now) So if you don’t mind, I will keep looking at the posts, and I will tag along next time you go to the UT Lake. We should get all of our gear by next week so we may not even need to borrow any  . Thank you Marco Arici 801-918-5422
marcoarici

Re: Provo Boat Harbor

Postby Josh Shirley » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:09 am

Post this same message on the main message board so everyone sees it.

Kiters usually go to Lincoln beach at the South end of Utah Lake. I haven't ever ventured that far. Provo Boat harbor is probably not the best place to kite.

The crowd here in Utah is super friendly, and I am sure there are a few kiters that can help you out.
Whatever thou art, do well thy part.
Josh Shirley
Site Admin

Return to It's Blowing I'm Going