In town from maryland/ where you'all riding ?

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

In town from maryland/ where you'all riding ?

Postby Dean Mikulla » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:00 am

I've been water kiting for 6 years in the Maryland area. I 'm here for the next 6 days, with my new snow kite, (which ive never flown)! Could prolly use some tips putting this Manta up for the first time. Looking forward to meeting some of you!
Dean
571 722 7542
Dean Mikulla

Re: In town from maryland/ where you'all riding ?

Postby Kenny » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:00 pm

Dean,

I have been out of town the past couple of days, but I will be doing a daily forecast on the Where to Ride. Check it out each day to get a good idea on where you should go.

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Postby Dean Mikulla » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:22 pm

Thanks for the reply Kenny , I'm pretty good at forecasting winds on the east coast, but here it must be different with the high elevations. Do you use any isobar models in particular?
From the models I look at, ( unisys weather ) http://weather.unisys.com/gfsx/ looks like wind for next tue/wed for sure. thanks again for your help brah!

Some kite movies I made here....http://www.marshallmovies.net/vidpage.html
Dean Mikulla

Postby Kenny » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:56 am

Dean,

I look a lot at what the upper level winds are doing. I use NOAA, ikitesurf and a lot of the links on www.kiteutah.com.

Tomorrow will have wind, but it looks like it may be a whiteout. Tuesday is looking good. I don't usually bother to look more than a couple days out as the weather changes so frequently. I am always more concerned with the next couple days.

Kenny
Kenny
Site Admin

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum