Getting SLE kites, which sizes to get?

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Getting SLE kites, which sizes to get?

Postby stevenjglenn » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:27 am

Sorry if something like this has been posted before, but I used the search and couldn't find anything. I'm a somewhat newbie to kiting looking to change out my old c-kites for some sle/bow kites. Im a student and thus somewhat limited on money so I kind of wanted to limit myself to two kites.

I was looking at the best waroos (used) and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on 2 different sizes that would give me a decent wind range to fly in? I am about 170 lbs and have a 135 cm board. I was thinking maybe like a 9m and then a bigger one (should i go for like a 13m or bigger like a 17m?). I am just a little unfamiliar with how the wind ranges of these kites compare to c-kites... (im looking at waroos from '06-'08)
stevenjglenn

Re: Getting SLE kites, which sizes to get?

Postby DevinClarke » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:33 am

I've got a 7, 12, and 16. All 06 Waroos. The 12 gets used the most. Are you at the University of Utah?
DevinClarke

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum