I finally made it to Utah

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

I finally made it to Utah

Postby claycuster » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:40 am

I moved from SSI a little later than expected. Now that im here im ready to get on the water. We are going to the Cedar City area this weekend over the 4th. Are there any places to windsurf around there?
claycuster

Re: I finally made it to Utah

Postby JimSouthwick » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:25 am

About 50 miles South of Cedar are Sand Hollow and Quail Creek Reservoirs, about 40 miles North is Minersville Reservoir, site of Utah Summer Games sailboat races several years ago.
JimSouthwick

Postby Leo Chan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:36 am

I think Sand Hallow is going to be full of people this weekend. Check with Vaughn Montgomery if you plan to go down. See this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5559
Leo Chan

Postby Dustin Judd » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:33 am

I'd stay clear of sand hollow this week end. Gunlock may not get too crowded with seadoo rednecks and tends to get good afternoon wind funneling up through the canyon. I'll be back in StGeorge on Monday and wouldn't mind a trip out if your still around.
Dustin Judd

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum