Kite repair / Dacron tape

For beginners of kiting or windsurfing, or people new to the area to introduce themselves and ask questions.
Forum rules
Welcome to the Utah Windrider's Association
-This forum is for people new to the area or just getting into Windsurfing, Snowkiting, or Water Kiting. Please reference which sport(s) in your subject heading.
-Please introduce yourself and tell a bit about how you got into the sport.
-Hopefully people will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Please see the "Learn to Windsurf" or "Learn to Kite" links above.
-It is UWA website policy to register using your full name. First name initial/full last name is acceptable. Thanks for your cooperation.
-We were all beginners at one time, hopefully we'll all remember that in this forum.

Kite repair / Dacron tape

Postby marcoarici » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Could anyone tell me were to purchase some Dacron tape locally, and/or who would do repair on a kite? Is there any local stores other then Cloud9? I found some spinnacle Dacron tape at Sid sport. Does anyone knows if it would it be the same as the KiteAid Dacron tape we easily find online?
Thank you, Marco
marcoarici

Re: Kite repair / Dacron tape

Postby Leo Chan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Kyrk Wright is doing repair. He is a member. Look him up.
Leo Chan

Re: Kite repair / Dacron tape

Postby windzup » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:06 pm

Every Ozone kite comes with a repair kit that includes material patches that match your kites color and a piece of dacron tape. I have several extra I'd be happy to share...just drop a line and I can put a piece in the mail. It is a dark grey color like the dacron leading edge on Ozone kites. I have used on both the tejin sail clothand the LE. Works great, you may need to clean the kite surface first for better results.

Windzup,
Brian Schenck

info@windzup.com
435-462-5303
windzup

Return to Newcomers and Transplants Forum